Understanding Satisfactory Academic Progress Written Assignment
Criteria for written assignments:
- Type your full name, course name, and date in the upper left-hand corner of the page
- Type your subject in the center of the page. The subject should be the name of the assignment
- Start your writing at the left margin (do not center your entire paper)
- Use Calibri, Arial, or Times New Roman 12-point font
- Use double spacing
- Indent paragraphs
- Use correct spelling and grammar
Refer to the required readings and videos to support your answers and please be sure to properly cite these in APA citation style. This assignment does not have to be in essay format, but you still must meet the criteria. Review the rubric for grading details before you begin. Clearly answer each question in complete sentences.
Answer the following:
- What are the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards at EGCC? Provide the specific benchmarks.
- Why is SAP important?
- Explain what it means to drop a course during the drop period. When can this be done?
- Explain what it means to withdrawal from a course. What is the withdrawal process and how does it affect SAP?
- Explain the procedure for non-attendance drops during the drop period.
- How does not attending a course after the drop period affect SAP if the proper withdrawal procedure is not followed?