The topic of this paper is neurodevelopmental disorder (autism spectrum disorder or attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder)
The emphasis of this paper should be on the neuroscience aspects of the neurodevelopmental disorder. Please be sure that the following aspects of the topic is discussed:
- Explain the theories of etiology (causes) with a focus on the neurobiology of the disorder.
- Explain associated factors in development of the disorder (genetic, environmental, familial, lifestyle).
- Describe the pathology of the disorder with an emphasis on the abnormalities of nervous system structure and function, including any genetic and biochemical aspects.
- Give examples of treatment options, including both drug (pharmacological) and non-drug (nonpharmacological treatments), with rationales for use of these treatments based on current understanding of the neurobiology of the disorder.
- Summarize diagnostic and research technologies employed in clinical diagnosis, clinical and behavioral health care, and basic science research.
This analysis paper:
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style.
- Must include a separate title page and reference page.
- Must utilize academic voice.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. The introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of the paper.
- MUST UTILIZE ATLEAST THREE (3) SCHOLARLY SOURCES THROUGHOUT.
- Must use current terminology from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual 5 (DSM-5).