Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
We want to sample enough of your writing to ensure an academic foundation.
Throughout the entire course, these Assignment prompts require an average of 200 words per answer — some may require longer answers, some may require answers shorter than 200 words. For instance, question 3 is fairly short, while question 4 could be the topic of an entire research paper. For this chapter, the minimum number of words will be 1400 for seven questions.
- Discuss three of the significant medical advances of previous centuries.
- State the benefits of certifying or registering as a medical assistant.
- List the professional organizations that certify or register medical assistants.
- Define the scope of medical assisting.
- List and explain the qualities of a good medical assistant.
- List several techniques for improving time management skills.
- Outline and explain the scope and usefulness of complementary alternative medicine.