Sorry for the limited time. I need the answer in 1 hour. Hope you can help me out with the correct answer. The deadline is 5 pm but actually I need it at 4:30 pm. Please help me out and I can raise up the price.
1) Which of the following is stimulated by insulin?a. lipolysis
2)Which statement about nutrient absorption by the intestinal mucosal cells is FALSE?
a. Most nutrients are absorbed in the jejunum and ileum.
b. Fats are absorbed as fatty acids and monoglycerides.
c. Proteins are absorbed as amino acids, di- and tri-peptides.
d. All of the statements are true.
e. Carbohydrates are absorbed as monosaccharides.
I. functions as a paracrine hormone.
II. inhibits HCl secretion.
III. is produced in the hypothalamus.
a. Only II and III are true
b. Only I is true.
c. Only II is true.
d. Only I and II are true
e. I, II and III are true
4) Which of the following is NOT produced by the pancreas?
d. All of the above are produced by the pancreas.
5) Parathyroid hormone
a. is released when blood calcium levels fall.
b. inhibits calcium reabsorption from the kidneys.
c. stimulates vitamin D hydrolysis.
d. Two of the choices are true
e. stimulates osteoblasts to break down bone.
6) Arrange the following in their proper temporal order (what occurs first to last).
2. dietary fat
3. lipid droplet
5. digestion into fatty acids
a. 2, 3, 5, 1, 4
b. 4, 5, 2, 3, 1
c. 2, 5, 4, 3, 1
d. 2, 5, 3, 1, 4
e. 2, 3, 1, 5, 4
7) Parietal Cells
a. are stimulated to secrete by secretin
b. none of the choices is correct
c. cotransport K+ along with H+ into the stomach lumen
d. transports Cl- out of the cell in exchange for HCO3-
e. secrete pepsinogen
8) Which the following hormones is neither derived from, nor composed of amino acids:
a. growth hormone
9) Which of the following is NOT affected by glucagon signaling?
a. All of the choices are involved
b. Glycogen phosphorylase
c. Adenylate cyclase
d. Protein kinase A
e. Glycogen synthase
10) Regarding the structure and synthesis of hormones, which statement is TRUE?
a. All amine hormones are water insoluble.
b. Thyroid hormones are transported in the bloodstream bound to carrier proteins.
c. The hormones of the adrenal cortex have the same structure as the neurotransmitters of sympathetic neurons.
d. Oxytocin is synthesized in the posterior pituitary.
e. Two of the statements are true.
11) Which of the following processes does NOT directly require ATP?
b. All the choices require ATP.
d. Transport of amino acids from the enterocyte into the interstitial fluid.
e. Secretion of HCl
12) Hypertrophy of the thyroid could result from all of the following EXCEPT
a. Inactivation of enzymes that are required to synthesize thyroxine.
b. A lack of dietary iodine.
c. A tumor of the pituitary gland that secretes excessive amounts of TSH.
d. All of the choices are possible.
e. Excessively rapid clearance of thyroxine from the circulation.
13) Which of the following is NOT involved for pancreatic cells to sense the extracellular glucose concentration?
b. ATP-sensitive potassium channels
c. Voltage-gated calcium channels
d. GLUT 4 transporters
e. All of the choices are involved
14) Which of the following statements is TRUE?
Bile contains enzymes for fat digestion.
b. The enzymes for lipid digestion are produced by the intestinal enterocyte cells.
c. Amino acids are actively transported into enterocytes by cotransport with sodium ions.
d. The pancreas produces enzymes for the final stage of protein digestion.
Bile salts are reabsorbed back into the body at the large intestine.
15) Which of the following statements about neural control of digestion is NOT true?
a. Sensory receptors for digestive reflexes influence the motility of the digestive tract via the myenteric plexus.
b. All of the choices are true, none are false.
c. The CNS can modulate the activity of the enteric nervous system by direct innervation or hormonal control.
d. The enteric nerve plexuses can regulate digestion without input from the autonomic nervous system.
e. Parasympathetic stimulation is excitatory to digestion.