Resources on Constructing Concept Maps
UC Observatories. (n.d.). Kinds of concept maps. Retrieved from http://www.ucolick.org/~max/289/Concept%20Maps/About%20concept%20maps/KindsOfConceptMaps.pdf. Please refer to this reference when considering which type of concept map to use for your analysis
iStudy for Success! (n.d.). Concept maps. Retrieved from http://tutorials.istudy.psu.edu/conceptmaps/
Kathy Schrock’s Guide to Everything. (n.d.). Concept mapping in the classroom. Retrieved from http://www.schrockguide.net/concept-mapping.html
Software for Constructing Concept Maps
IHMC. (n.d.). Cmap. Retrieved from http://cmap.ihmc.us/ *** RECOMMENDED ***
Basu, Saikat. (2010, February). How to build a mind map in Microsoft Word. MUO. Retrieved from http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/build-mind-map-microsoft-word/
Coggle. (2017). Coggle – Collaborative mind maps [App]. Retrieved from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/coggle-collaborative-mind/hbcapocoafbfccjgdgammadkndakcfoi
MindMup. (n.d.). MindMup 2. Retrieved from https://www.mindmup.com/
- Read the resources on how to construct concept maps
- Read the assigned readings from course textbooks
- Construct the concept map using your software of choice
- Submit a word document with answers to the concept map questions and a copy of the concept map
How would you devise a packaging/handling strategy for your product?
- Generate a list of all relevant activities, concepts, and/or steps for product/material handling.
- Determine the form of the map that you see as the most appropriate representation, as spider, hierarchical, flowchart, or system (see the first reading on concept maps). Justify your choice.
- Construct your concept map using the software of choice.
- Give examples as you construct your map.
A sample is also attached in the files