Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
- Thoroughly explain the similarities and differences between slander and libel.
- Thoroughly describe the differences between civil and criminal laws.
- Unprofessional conduct, personal incapacity, or professional incapacity can lead to the revocation of a physician’s license to practice medicine. List one reason why a physician could have their license revoked and what the impact of that infraction could have on their ability to practice medicine – which would be the cause for the revocation.
- A state medical board not only has the authority to grant a license, but grounds for its revocation, and to establish a required report. Choose one of the three authorities of a state medical board, and explain the rationale as it impacts the public.
- In addition to licensure, a physician may become certified in a particular specialty. Briefly explain the certification process.
- Confidentiality refers to keeping information private. Briefly describe why this is such an important part of health care and physician practice.