or your research paper in this course, you will write an analytical research paper addressing a topic of your choosing from among the topics covered in this course. As a research paper, your paper will have to answer a significant puzzle related to a course topic.
For this week’s assignment, you are essentially doing the first two elements of your research paper outlined below and outlining the remainder of the paper.
Title Page of the Paper: The title of your paper should be brief but should adequately inform the reader of your general topic and the specific focus of your research. Keywords relating to parameters, population, and other specifics are useful. The Title Page must include the title, name, course name and number, and Professor’s Name.
Introduction, Research Question, and Hypothesis: This section shall provide an overview of the topic that you are writing about, which is in line with this course’s overview and objectives. It shall include a concise synopsis of the issues, and why the topic presents a “puzzle” that prompts your research questions, which you will include.
Outline: Provide an outline of the remainder of your paper.
References Page: This assignment should have a minimum of 10 scholarly and/or peer-reviewed references you will use for the final paper.
- Your paper must be at a minimum of 1-2 pages (the Title and Reference pages do not count towards the minimum limit).
- Scholarly and credible references should be used. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content.
- Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
- Students will follow the current APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize books, peer-reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
- All submissions will be graded using the assignment rubric.