Minimum requirements: (electoral College)
at least 16 slides (including title slides at the beginning and a “Works Cited” slide. Minimum 5-minute presentation, maximum 6 minutes. Practice your presentation. Timing affects your grade.
Creating a PowerPoint Presentation (See separate page for additional tips.)
- Put slides in a logical sequence, and save the file under an appropriate title.
- Do not use “fluff;” each slide should be necessary and contribute to the story you are telling.
- Do not let high-tech special effects distract from the story; use the presentation to enhance your speech, not overpower it.
- Make sure the background color and font have enough contrast because if it is too light or too dark it will be hard to read when it is projected.
- Do not crowd your slides with text. Slides should contain only brief points. You will fill in the detail with your oral presentation. Textually dense slides are uninteresting and often unreadable.
- Include citations for all graphics, quotes, etc. Include a “Works Cited” side. Include only the information you use in the presentation.