James Baldwin, “Sonny’s Blues” (ESSAY)
- In many senses, Harlem becomes a character in this story, linking Sonny and his brother to identity and defining their relationships.
- Write an essay, about how Harlem shapes and reflects the lives of Sonny and his family.
- 750—1000 words
- Content (50 points) Thesis statement, quality of research, textual support for claims, and organization
- Mechanics (15 points) spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- MLA formatting (10 points) in-text citations, Works Cited page format, and citation