Intervention Program for Health Promotion
Imagine that you are a director of community health for your local health department. You have been tasked with creating a 6-week intervention program for one of the following community health issues:
- type 2 diabetes,
- heart disease,
- mental illness, or
- water pollution.
You must use a racial or ethnic minority group as your target population. As you develop your program and plan to combat the selected issue, be sure to address the following issues:
- What is the health issue?
- Why is it a community health issue?
- How is health promotion important in addressing this issue?
- Which racial/ethnic minority group did you choose?
- What are the 10 objectives of the program?
- Explain how your intervention program will address the cultural and language characteristics of your chosen group.
- Sumarize how you will deliver culturally appropriate health education and care to this group.
Please be sure your goals are specific, measureable, action-oriented, realistic, and timely (SMART). You may review pages 166–167 in your eTextbook for more details regarding the SMART acronym.
Your project must be at least two pages in length, not counting the title or references pages. You must use at least three sources, one of which may be your eTextbook, to support your project. All sources used must have citations and references in APA Style. APA formatting is otherwise not required.