Each worksheet assignment will focus on the use of the Old Testament (OT) in each section of the Book of Hebrews. Your response should be in-depth, and should clearly show that you have read Cockerill’s The Epistle to the Hebrews commentary thoroughly and reflected on the issues. You should cite page numbers from Cockerill parenthetically each time you reference the text (e.g. Cockerill 37). The best answers will include interaction (evaluation and critique) with Cockerill’s own views on the issues. If you need clarification regarding Cockerill’s views, you should post your questions in the discussion board.For Worksheet 3, you will make a chart or list that displays each quotation or clear allusion from the OT in Hebrews 7-10 based on your reading of Cockerill. Your chart should include the following information:
- The passage in Hebrews that quotes/alludes to the OT.
- The OT passage(s) that Hebrews quotes/alludes to.
- Any significant elements that the author of Hebrews derives from the Septuagint/LXX (which are not present in the Hebrew text).
- Any differences between the author’s quotation of the passage and the OT passage itself.
- A brief statement about how the author uses this OT text: what point is he making by quoting or alluding to the OT? If there are any changes, what might explain them?