case study is aattached
This assignment requires students to analyse a case relevant to the conditions being experienced in the restaurant industry as it pertains to connecting organizational culture, diversity, values, attitudes, motivation, accountability, and talent management.
Konrad, A & Birbrager, L (2020). Gusto 54: Creating a Culture of Ownership and Accountability. Ivey Publishing.
- Thoroughly read the case. It is recommended that you read 2-3 times.
Prepare a 5-page report (12-point font, double spaced not including the title page or reference page), that addresses the following questions:
- As of January 2020, what is Gusto 54’s competitive advantage? If COVID-19 had never happened, would you have believed that the group would be able to maintain this advantage? Why or why not?
- How would you define Gusto 54’s culture as of January 2020? Does your definition vary throughout the case?
- What role does values, attitudes, and diversity play at Gusto 54? Do you consider the values, attitudes, and diversity to be a strength or weakness at Gusto 54?
- Do you agree or disagree with the steps that Gusto 54 took to build its “people-first”culture? Why or why not? What are the key challenges facing Gusto 54 in January 2020 (before awareness of the upcoming COVID-19 pandemic)?
- If COVID-19 had never happened, which challenge would have been Gusto 54’s largest barrier to continued growth? How would you suggest the group tackle this challenge?
The Individual Case Analysis will be marked in its entirety out of 100. The following rubric indicates the criteria students are to adhere to, and their relative weights to the assignment overall.
Activity/Competencies Demonstrated% of Final GradeContent/60a. Described the background of the company (Note: This section should set the context for the analysis)/15b. Clearly stated the issues Gusto 54 might face in the future if Covid-19 had never happened. (Note: what specifically is the decision to be made within the context of the case. Ensure you specifically differentiate between the problem and its symptoms.)/10c. Demonstrated a thorough analysis, addressing each of the guiding questions asked of you and supported by academic as well as other sources (Note: The analysis should be in response to the posed case questions and should incorporate assigned readings, the case and external sources.)/25 d. Presented suggestions to Gusto 54 for their future (Note: Ensure your recommendations are supported by evidence from readings and research). /10 Communication/25a. Effective use of the English language (spelling, grammar, paragraph structure, etc.)/10b. Information organized intelligently and holistically (i.e., not simply answers to questions)/10c. Strength of introduction and conclusion/5Attention to Detail/15a. APA Referencing and formatting (title, headings, and references)/10b. Quality of research sources and citations/5Total