When planning for instruction and assessments, it is crucial to examine performance data in order to modify and adjust instruction and assessments. This not only promotes student progress, but also helps to meet the diverse learning and academic needs of all students.
Geometry is key content to all areas of STEM, because it is utilized in science, technology, engineering, and math. Review the “AzMerit Sample Standardized Test Scores within High School Geometry.” Imagine that these are last year’s geometry results from your high school for the students currently in your classes.
Based on the student assessment results, create a 500-750 word assessment analysis action plan describing how you will adjust your instruction to close learning gaps. Include in your plan:
- A state geometry standard to integrate with your content area
- Patterns and gaps in learning identified within the data
- At least 2-3 supplemental resources to integrate into your content area instruction and rationales to explain how they would be utilized
- Minimum of 2-3 lesson topic ideas with rationales that address the specific gaps in student achievement
- At least 2-3 assessment ideas to monitor student progress in attaining the content
- How to provide feedback to students on their progress
- How to work collaboratively with teachers in other content areas to support them in closing learning gaps
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
I have an example attached