2.5 Project: Precursors (ESSAY)
Story Choice: Plato’s “Parable of the Cave” (VIDEO IN YOUTUBE) (9:00 minutes)
Directions write an essay with the following requirements:
- Research Socrates, his beliefs, and his practices.
- Explain why Plato chose Socrates as the speaker for this parable.
- How do Socrates’ beliefs and practices relate to the themes of this parable.
- For example, what is the literal and symbolic significance of lightness and darkness?
- 750 –1000 words
- Content (50 points) Thesis statement, quality of research, textual support for claims, and organization
- Mechanics (15 points) spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- MLA formatting (10 points) in-text citations, Works Cited page format, and citation